Smile!

Smile!

Saturday, March 5, 2011

MUSIC = LIFE // GETTING INSIDE AS*IF

first of all, let me show you something oh so adorable...
AHAHAHAHA i has a corm...














so yeah. as you can see, my life revolves around music (don't believe me? check out http://pianooverdose.yolasite.com so that i can prove it!) :)

so i like to play music and i like to sing. i am the front girl for AS*IF or Asian Is Forever. our amazing drummer, Travis Yu, left us for Toronto (lucky duck. but i'm not that fond of the snow so i guess it evens itself out!...)

we hired my one of my buds, Jason Lee, to take his place.

we still are together, going strong though ;)

Aaron Chan - bass ; Andy Tang - 'Lectric Guitar ; Jason Lee - Drums ; Matt Wang - piano

we had a practice (reunion, whatever) and decided to interview ourselves. i'd say it was pretty interesting. and yes, i did write things down...we enjoy playing the blame game ;)

Here's an excerpt...

Aaron: so rachel. travis left us. and we're left with this newb *nudges Jason* what are we going to do/


Jason: hey, i would say that i am a pretty good drummer..


Matt: lay off man! by the way, we still have to work on that song that we still can't finish...


Rachel: grr don't remind me...someone can't get their bass line down *winks*


Aaron: lay off chick! or else i'll get on your case...


Rachel: hey, what's your deal? actually, where is Andy?


Jason: upstairs. talking to Carmen. on his phone.


Rachel: sucker... . . 


Aaron: hey, you would be talking to Travis too...


Rachel: if i didn't have to pay long D!


Matt: so sorry. i just thought of something disgusting.


Rachel: you are disgusting. ahh, get away from me Matthew!


Jason: you are such an LG, Rae


Rachel: who are you calling an LG?


Aaron: *rolls his eyes* guys, you twittered about this before...


Jason: 'twittered'?


Matt: actually, you did.


Rachel: stalkers. oh hey, here's our lover boy!...


Andy: you guys are so freaking loud. Carmen could hear you through the phone.


Matt: and you can kiss her through the phone.


Rachel, Jason, + Aaron: HENCE YOUR RING TONE!


Rachel: ahaha, i heart running jokes ...


Jason: 'nuff said. let's get back to work...

SO YEAH. that's a little bit of what we do when people are being all lovey-dovey on the phone or if we can't get a song straight. but we're pretty chill and we get things done. it's all good :)

so the other day via Private Tweet someone asked me this question...and another person asked me another question, respectively...

@CalSlate asked: why don't you have Formspring.me?

well, here's why. i do. i just don't use it.

@Baileesh asked: 1) what type of music do you like? 2) what bands are your favorite? 3) what is your favorite song?

oooh, a questionnaire!

so to answer:
   1) i really like pop. i'm just that type of girl. rock is okay, depending on how hardcore it is...
   2) i like a lot of different bands, so i don't really have a favorite. i like The Cab, Ten Second Epic, Push Play, Big Time Rush, ... just to name a few :)
   3) i have a ton of favorite songs. it really depends on what you want me to say. but i think that my favorite song has got to be 'Til I Forget About You' by Big Time Rush.

  aren't they adorable? but i guess not as adorable as the picture i posted up there in the beginning...



















As always, thanks for all your cool questions via Private Tweet, and I apologize if i haven't gotten to yours yet. My blogging for today is done ;) ask me more questions, and if I ever get around to it, i will start using my Formspring account....now if I can just remember my username and password...

peace, love and music FOREVER! STAY OUTTA TROUBLE AND DON'T FORGET TO SMILE!

rachelrae xx

No comments:

Post a Comment