Smile!

Smile!

Monday, March 19, 2012

Spring Break Commence...

Sorry for not writing for a while... things have been hectic! But now spring break has finally started and now we can all chill out for once. Especially me, who finds that living life at school is sometimes very confusing and difficult and weird. Nevertheless I try, very hard, to be a regular person.

One question struck me, very deeply I must say, so I thought that I should answer it the next time I got the opportunity to blog...

..Which would be now :)

Q: JAAG, my boyfriend and I have been going out for almost a year now. I don't know what changed, but everytime he sees me he walks the other way, or is very secretive about his plans, or doesn't even let me help him with math, a class he is failing in and has always come to me for help! A couple of my friends said that they saw him kissing another girl (a senior at our school, no less!) and at first I didn't believe him. But then today I was at the mall with my sister and I saw him walking hand in hand with the girl that my friends said he was kissing before. I didn't confront him, and he called me a couple hours ago like everything was normal. What should I do??? - via email

JAAG: Firstly, I am so, so sorry to hear that this guy, whom you call the love of your life, would do something to you like that after being with you for that long of a time period! I think that it's time to face the facts: this guy isn't worthy enough. If he was the one for you, he wouldn't be getting all antsy after a year of dating. If he was into you, he would be trying to make it work and make you realize that he is the one for you so that you could date for a longer time and then eventually get married when the time is right!

Sadly, most high school relationships don't end very well. I would know, I've been there myself. You have to ask yourself if this relationship is making you happy. Why is it that he turns and walks the other way when he sees you? Why is it that he is all secretive about his weekend plans? Why doesn't he let you help him? Take these as signs of warning, babe.

Talk to your boy about this. Tell him how you make him feel, and also tell him that you caught him with another girl that isn't you. Tell him that he should make himself known, whether he wants in or out of the relationship, and be prepared for any answer he throws your way. If he says, "Yeah, I want out," then don't be sad. Feel LIBERATED. You are an independent woman who doesn't need a guy like that to hold her down.

However, if he says that he still wants to make this work, you are going to have to think about whether or not you are ready to make it work after everything he has done to you. IF you feel like you can help the situation, then I say go for it. Sadly, most people after seeing what their significant other has messed up can only feel like its time to move on, myself included. Does he make you happy? Does the idea of you being with him in a romantic relationship make you happy? If the answer is no, then I think you should take a step back and reassess. Trust me, when the time is right, you'll know. As for now, do what you need to do, and best of luck! ;) 

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
As I said, it's SPRING BREAK! at first, I didn't really have any concrete plans- my younger sister has a better social life than I do ;) After becoming an independent woman who doesn't really act much as a socialite, it would appear that I am a loner.

Guilty.

I was pleasantly surprised Sunday night by my best friend Aaron. He goes to school in Toronto and is on the other side of the country. He told me that there was no chance of him visiting this year because he had aa seminar and retreat to attend, so I hung my head and said, "Fine, I'll see you some other time."

I was out with my friend the other day at the mall doing some intense shopping. "Girl time," my friend Roxanna called it. "Since you are a new, fabulous, single girl."

When I let myself into the what I thought was an empty house, I walked into the family room and saw that there was Josh Groban on the TV screen. It was the DVD menu to his "Awake" tour, filmed in Salt Lake City. I love Josh groban so much, he has an amazing voice. I told Aaron before that I would love to see him in concert.. if he ever came to Vancouver again. Sitting on the couch was my friend Aaron. "Now you can seem Josh Groban in concert," he said.

Apparently my family, his family, and my friends had been in on this the whole time. He surprised me.

After the shock wore off, I asked him about his seminar and retreat. Pulling me into a hug he simply said that "he made that part up."

We watched it together, from start to finish, and I enjoyed every minute of it with him. Not just that, but he is staying the rest of the spring break with me. Finally, I have plans! :)
````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
Oh well, here we go again. After this week, the next check point would be New Orleans. More on that later :)

Enjoy your spring break, don't get too rowdy. Stay safe, stay out of trouble, and don't forget to smile!

Love from your online so-called 'relationhip counsellor who is totally under certified but learns from life experience..'

rachelrae xx

No comments:

Post a Comment