Smile!

Smile!

Saturday, October 20, 2012

When Will the Bullying Stop?

Does the title sound familiar? LOL I think I used the exact same wording but today I substituted 'Bullying' for 'Nightmares'.

It's a fact, though, that bullying will go on forever until we decide to do something about it!
 
 
So here is the video that I posted on my Youtube channel... okay, so currently there is nothing on it except for this video. I also have it on my facebook page. I think that it is important that we all reach out and be the bigger people in dangerous situations where people are threatened. No one deserves to be bullied, no matter who they are, what they have done, or where they are from (that sounded like a Backstreet Boys song...).
 
Does everyone agree?
 
Many people know about my struggles in the past with bullying, depression, low self-esteem and suicide. It's a path that no one wants to go down and a life that no one wants to live. I can understand why so many young people have committed suicide because of the bullies; I've been there and wanted the same thing myself.
 
Some people have asked me various questions about what it was like, what I did, and what made me change. One of the most common questions that I am asked is "How did you, in turn, beat the bully and not let them beat you?"
 
I can so answer that.
 
Bullying is something that no one deserves, as I had said earlier.
 
After being beat down so many times and over and over again, you get tired of it. You want something to change, and most of all, you don't want to let the bullies win. It's easier said than done, I agree.
 
But you know what? Reaching out for help is the number one way to get yourself out of a terrible situation like that. Getting help and asking for it is not a sign of weakness, it's a sign of character. It shows that you recognize that you are in trouble, and you can't fend it off alone.
 
I hope that you guys will make EVERY SINGLE DAY anti-bullying day.
 
I was able to post the actual video on my blog here. Enjoy and please share further <3
 
STAY OUT OF TROUBLE AND DON'T FORGET TO SMILE! Remember, you are all beautiful <3
 
rachelrae xx

No comments:

Post a Comment