Smile!

Smile!

Thursday, August 16, 2012

The Bridge To Terabithia

Remember that book? I read it in Grade five for language arts (yup, back in elementary school English is called Language Arts. It's weird...)

I also remember when I went to go watch the movie. This was before Josh Hutcherson became known as the super hot Peeta in the Hunger Games. It was a good movie, it was a good book. I liked it a lot.

My view of that changed today.

No, don't get me wrong, it wasn't bad... it made it so so so much better, like nothing I ever expected. You showed me this place that I have never been to.. the ironic thing is, I've driven past this place all my life. I had no idea on what to expect.

I put my trust in you, and look where it got me. I found a new hiding place, somewhere peaceful and serene... a place that you trusted me enough to show me.

I am honoured that you brought me there. The way we stood under the big trees on a bridge in the middle of nowhere.... it was priceless. You can never find a place so stunning.

I maybe making a big deal - "It's only trees and a old wooden bridge and stuff, but it's cool. Like Narnia" - but it was personal, and you were the first person that brought me there.

Just the quiet and the beating of our hearts after our long walk, it was so worth it. We were just two people under the majesty of our Lord... it was incredibly breath taking.

And you are just equally breath taking.

Don't take it personally if I don't look you in the eye; i'm terrible with eye contact. But just being there with you under these huge trees and the summer sun made me feel more alive than I ever had in such a long time. You held me close to you, and I could hear you breath and your heart beating against my back.

I missed your touch, smile, and hugs.

Welcome home <3

--------------
So basically I'm going to be in Florida for the next two weeks... can't wait, can't sleep, so excited.

STAY OUT OF TROUBLE AND DON'T FORGET TO SMILE :) I had the most wonderful day, and it's taught me that if you randomly walk around, you can find the coolest places.

love,

rachelrae xx

No comments:

Post a Comment