Smile!

Smile!

Monday, August 13, 2012

Florida Countdown!

Well, sorry for the abrupt last post, but guess what? NO MORE EXAMS TO STUDY FOR!

The exam went pretty well :) Thank goodness it's all done and over with. Now I just have to wait another 6 weeks until I get my results... cannot wait until I get them ! #excited

The countdown to Florida is upon me! I cannot wait to experience the Florida sunshine, walk on the beach there, visit Nassau, and of course, go to the amazing Disneyworld!

So I got some questions from all over while I was doing the last minute study for my exam... let's tackle them! :)

Q: I was in Florida for spring break, and I met this amazing girl there. We still message each other through FB to keep in touch, and she said that she is moving to my city! Do you think I can make a move? - via Tumblr

JAAG: Woooo, Florida! I can't wait to go... maybe you can tell me a little about this place :) Well, it seems like you are still keeping in close contact with her and you guys are still good friends, despite the distance between you (thank goodness for internet, right?) Did you tell her how you feel about her and where you potentially want this relationship to go? If you have, then this should be a great step in that direction for you both. If you haven't, I don't blame you for holding back. You don't want things to be weird between you two. The thing is, since you were both practically strangers before this vacation, even if she doesn't feel the same way, then you won't have the pain of seeing her every day after she has rejected you, or you won't be compelled to still talk to her. See where this goes and ask her what her thoughts are on relationships... and take it from there :)


Q: First date ideas for me and my girlfriend? - via Twitter

JAAG: Honestly, I am terrible at date planning because I am such a boring person! LOL ;) What I really like are picnics because they are low maintenance and they are a cute way to not only spend time with each other but get to know each other too without the pressures of a fancy restaurant and getting interrupted every so often by a waiter. Just pack a couple finger foods and drinks and bring her to a park or something and just relax. First dates are supposed to be fun! Other ideas are movies&dinner, the beach, bowling (hey, bowling is fun!) or a skating rink (just make sure that one of you knows how to skate!) Good luck, and have fun!

Q: I really like this boy, and I am determined to get to know him better and possibly get my name in his mind. The thing is, on his tumblr he always posts pictures of himself and this girl that I have never met. He always tags it with two initials. What should I do? - via Tumblr

JAAG: Firstly, there is no harm in talking to this guy, no matter what you see on his Tumblr. Make it your mission this year to talk to him more and to get to know him, even before you consider taking things beyond just friends.
Now, regarding this Tumblr mystery chick - I say, don't assume until you know all the details. Don't overthink what he and this girl are doing, or if they are together. Worry about getting to know him first. Try not to bring up the topic of his "girlfriend" until much later - most guys don't like to talk about that right off the bat with someone they don't know very well. Of course, this guy could also be one of those guys who enjoy talking about anything and everything in their lives to anyone who will listen. If he brings it up, don't jump on the topic with an accusatory tone. Be impartial and take it as it is. You know what, even if this guy is taken, who cares? At least you have gained a new friend, and honey, there are many other boys that I can promise you that are ten times cuter than this sweetie :)


LOL RANDOM PICTURE! This was me in Beijing, China, with a bunch of stuffed pandas! #cute

Anyways, you know what, the above saying is true. If you have to continuously chase someone who doesn't want to be chased, then forget about that person. There are plenty of other people out there, people that will want to love you for who you are. Swim with those fishies instead, because they will make the time spent worth it.

As I count down the final days until  I get on a plane to Florida, as well as the final days of summer vacation (which btw, there are 21 days left!) I just have one thing to say:

STAY OUT OF TROUBLE AND DON'T FORGET TO SMILE! Enjoy summer while it lasts, lads. It is slowly slipping away from us. Can you believe how fast the time goes? To think that next month is already September, it begs the question, where did 2012 even go?

I'd like to hear what your highest point this summer was: be it that ultimate beach party, the super awesome vacation to Europe, getting that summer job you always wanted, acing summer school, or scoring the boy/girl of your dreams... Tumblr, Twitter, Email, whatever! Get them in and I will post them all in my next post, most likely in September! Still so baffled on how fast time is going...

love in the sunshine,

rachelrae xx

No comments:

Post a Comment