Smile!

Smile!

Friday, June 15, 2012

"The End is in Sight"

So today I went on a walk with one of my favourite people in this whole world, my favourite teacher who isn't my teacher (yet), Mr. Palmarin. "The end is in sight."

AKA, I have three exams left to write (which btw, I took some time out of studying to write this!) and then summer will be here. Today was the closest to so called June weather ever - apparently its going to rain really really hard this weekend. Sad.

Anyhow, I'm sorry that I haven't been posting! Its been a busy few weeks trying to get things in on time and studying for my school finals. I have a little pocket of time before my next exam comes and now. Also, I've spent a lot of time modifying and remodifying my Tumblr and what I want to post, so check it out, I think I'm pretty much keeping this: www.rchlwngxx.tumblr.com

Here are some questions that I got between now and the last post, on relationships, love, and personal stuff...

Q: There is this boy that I really like, but I don't know how to apporach him and talk to him. I want to tell him how I feel but I don't want it to be awkward if he rejects me. What should I do? - Shy, via Tumblr

JAAG: The timeless question on how to tell the object of your affection how you feel. Girl, there is never an easy way to tell a guy how you feel. While everyone is different, you honestly will never know how he'll respond until you take the plunge and give it a try. My advice is to just be yourself. If you pretend to be other wise, he won't be falling for you, he will be falling for a second rate version of you. Be true to yourself, and talk to him. Tell him, hey, I just met you, and this crazy, but here's my number, so call me maybeeee~... or if you aren't Carly Rae Jepsen and you've known him for a while, just be honest and upfront. Tell him your feelings, and if he says that he's not really interested, then don't take it as defeat. Now, at least you don't have to go out of your mind and wonder if he likes you back... and you can find someone else to crush on :)

Q: There is a boy who I like that I think likes me, so I asked him to talk to me. We constantly talk on facebook, but when I asked him to talk to me outside of facebook (i wanted to meet him for starbucks), he totally ignored me. Now what? - It's only Starbucks, via Tumblr

JAAG: Its always so difficult to like such guys, the guys that only will talk to you online and never in person. That should always be one sign to be aware of if he doesn't show any interest in talking with you in person. Don't be so hard on yourself; if anything, this is all on him and definitely not on you. Take this as a sign that maybe he wasn't as serious as you thought.  Just move on and hey, next time you know, facetime is just as important as screen time.

Q: If you could date any celebrity, who would you date? - via Twitter

JAAG: Boo, I've answered something like this before! ;) Just kidding, I don't mind answering it. If you asked me this one week, then asked me a week later, I might flip flop... I would have to stay true to my Rusher boy, Logan Henderson.  He's so cute! :)

Q: Have you ever felt like you weren't skinny/pretty enough? - via Twitter

JAAG: I think every girl at some point in their life, even if it wasn't the two superlatives that you listed, feels insecure about something. So to answer your question, it would be a definite yes for me. When I was younger, I was tall but a little bigger than other girls. It was hell, because even if people don't point it out, I knew it. But when people did, I would want to punch them. Nowadays, now that I'm a littler taller and stretched out and lost a lot of weight from where I was before, people always say "Wow, you lost so much weight" or "You're so skinny now!" and I'm like, Yeah, I was an absolute giant before. Thanks so much. As for being pretty enough, it's all in the eyes of the beholder. I could very well say that I'm not pretty enough now, and sometimes I do, but I have to work with what God gave me. If He gives this to me, then I should flaunt it and be happy with what I have.

Q: Now that you are a single girl, looking back, is there any boyfriend that you had that you regret breaking up with? - via Twitter

JAAG: That is an interesting question, I never actually thought about that...
Well, what I always tell my friends whenever they ask if there are second chances possible, my standard reply would be "Well, if I wanted a second chance, then I would have worked harder to make it work up the strength to break up with the guy."
Looking back, I don't regret any of the 3 relationships that I have been in. The three guys were all different and shaped me into the person I am today in a unique way. I don't regret breaking up with them either, because I felt at the time that it just wasn't going to work out, or that I wasn't ready for where the relationship was going, but I never regretted breaking up with them. Like, are you referring to pining for the guy and going all "I'm so sad, I don't have him anymore?" like that? Well, I guess at the beginning, after one breaks up with another, you will feel a little unbalanced because you have been around that person, your 'other half' for so long that it's awkward now that you broke up with them. But like I said before, being single is probably the best time of your life until you do find the special person to share the rest of your life with... so enjoy it!

Q: What's the best thing about single? I always see you write about that here on your blog. My girlfriend just broke up with me, but I don't really see what's so great about being single. Help me! - Unhappily Single, via Email

JAAG: Awwwe, darling, singularity isn't a bad thing, I gurantee it! Now that you are single, you can firstly hang out with your guy friends a lot more. You can do the stuff that you want to do without sacrificing for her (ie you know all the guys nights that you give up because she wanted to go watch that new chick flick? Now you can go play video games with them instead of bailing!) Just try and be happy. I know that it sucks to be dumped - trust me, I've been there. But the bright side is that you don't have to be tied down anymore. Don't make this the reason why you can't live life to its full. Do all the things that you didn't do while you were in that relationship.. because you're worth it! :)


I just decided to add this because 1) I love this movie and 2) I put this on Tumblr yesterday... It's one of the final scenes in "Letters To Juliet" starring the beautiful Amanda Seyfried and the incredibly handsome and buff Aussie actor Christopher Egan.

STAY OUT OF TROUBLE AND DON'T FORGET TO SMILE! We're halfway through June, halfway through 2012! This is insane.. anyhow, since summer is around the corner, enjoy it while it lasts! :)

Take care,
rachelrae xx

No comments:

Post a Comment