Smile!

Smile!

Friday, April 6, 2012

Thank God it's [Good] Friday

Hello everyone! Today is Good Friday, the day my Lord, my Saviour, died on the cross for my salvation and for the salvation of mankind. He extended His arms on the cross so that we might live. I am so blessed to be raised in such a religion and to live in a country where you have freedom of religion. Praise the Lord!

Today will not be a question answer post today. Nope, today will be a recap of life.

So how is everyone this fine evening that God has granted for us today? After a month and a bit since "the incident of all incidents, in my humble opinion", things have begun to look up. Everything seems to be on the better side of things, and I seem to have a slightly better handle on things than I did before.

Sometimes I wonder what would have happened if I didn't take the course of action that I did. Would things be different? Would I be a different person? Would we still be able to make the love last, even though in my eyes, we were coming to a close?

I guess there are no regrets. I should know better. I should know what I want, what not to do, and what I should be looking for before I stick my oar into the water. It saves you from a lot of trouble.

Love is forever, if it is with God.

Love is also blind, selfish, and deceitful. You don't realize that maybe, just maybe, the person that you are so in love with is actually the wrong type of person God wants you to be with. You don't realize that until you surrender yourself. It becomes selfish when you are only focussing on yourself and how perfect you want the love to be, by following your own agenda. It deceitful when you think you are doing the right thing, you think you are with the right person, you think that this really is true love, but you have already been deceived.

I hate to admit it, but that used to be me. I recognize that now. I understand that there really is no point in looking for something that does not exist. There is one match for me out there, and I know God has a plan for the two of us. I just can't see it yet.

Instead, focus more on what God wants you to do, instead of what you think God should do for you. It will save you more time to be happy.

This is a song that we were supposed to sing at the service. Unfortunately, too little time, many songs prepared. Oh well, have a listen....

"Above All" (from Youtube) - such a beautiful song. He was here for us, He made us, and He will always be here for us.

Questions next time, I promise you. STAY OUT OF TROUBLE AND DON'T FORGET TO SMILE!

Have a wonderful and blessed Easter everyone!

love,

rachelrae xx

No comments:

Post a Comment