Smile!

Smile!

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all the wonderful women out there, young and the young at heart, that we call our mothers, grandmothers, or godmothers! We are all so truly blessed to have you, I know I am! <3

So today is a question and answer day! :)

Firstly, I'd like to start with a crazy question that I spent an hour gawking at my laptop screen for. This was not because I was disgusted or mortified. Usually there are a fair couple of questions that stump me, but this one takes it above and beyond what I have ever seen in my inbox before. So let's tackle this one first; I know the one who sent it has been anticipating an answer... :)

Q: JAAG, I'm in a tight situation. I have been going out with my boyfriend for about five years. We're only 18, and we had sex two months ago for the second time. I thought we were totally protected, and since nothing happened the first time, I was sure that things would be the same. However, I was terribly wrong. I found out three weeks ago that I am now pregnant. I don't know what to do! Should I abort it or give birth to it?... I'm so lost, and I need help. - Too Young for Motherhood, via Email

JAAG: Okay. Take a deep breath. First things first, this will tell you that in the future, you really have to be aware that protection may not always prevent you from getting pregnant, and that even though the first time through was totally fine, things can always change.
Secondly, being a Catholic, I would tell you don't abort the baby. I know that most people would say "Well, it was an accident, so it really has no purpose in life." Actually, that is totally false. All humans being born into this world have a purpose, even if it can't be seen immediately. I know it is scary, but I hope that you will take care of this baby knowing that this is going to be YOUR daughter.
I know that the thought is terrifying - at 18, the most stressful thing on your mind should be finding a date to senoir prom, not wonder about what to do with your baby! I need you to talk to someone about your options: your parents, a counsellor, a doctor, to explore what your course of action should be during pregnancy and after you give birth to it. I really hope that you don't abort the baby. That baby is very precious. Please consider your actions very carefully and slowly before you do anything that you might regret. Best of luck to you and your boyfriend, and of course to the future baby. Next time also, please be prepared! I'm pretty sure you don't want to go through the same thing again.

Q: My girlfriend's birthday is coming up. What do you think I should get for her? - via Twitter

JAAG: Here's a thought for you: What I might like, your girlfriend might hate. After all, she is your girlfriend, and I'm not her! So instead of asking me, you may be better off asking her. Pay attention to her, and think about what her likes and dislikes are, preferably her likes. If you don't know these things by now, you may want to take some time to re-evaluate how you hang with her and whether or not you really know her. But yeah, find something sentimental and she'll definitely approve :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
alrighty : I have to go reasearch for a project now ): sucks to be me.. oh well. school is almost over, and I cannot get over how fast time flies.

Enjoy the wonderful weather! And also - I finally fixed my Tumblr up that not only has a link to my personal twitter but to the JAAG twitter as well as this blog. Go check it out: www.rchlwngxx.tumblr.com

STAY OUT OF TROUBLE AND DON'T FORGET TO SMILE! Give some love to your mothers today, got it? :)

rachelrae xx

No comments:

Post a Comment