Smile!

Smile!

Friday, July 29, 2011

For the Down Low. AKA, you.

What I am sure of is this:
We were meant to be together
But time passed and I guess I was wrong
The love I had for you couldn’t withstand forever.

I guess it’s partially my fault
I took your heart and ran away with it
But you were the one that took mine
I fell hard for your charm and wit.

And then you found someone else
I’m not sure if you did this to show me what I lost
At this time I knew that you weren’t worth it
I’m stuck here now, with our paths intertwined and crossed.

One day you tell me that you want to be friends
But the next day you leave me high and dry
Another day, another time, you tell me you’ll be here for me
Yet you still left me behind, the girl trying not to cry.

So now I’m here, waiting in the dark
I don’t know if I can love, or even dream
You took me in, and then you kicked me out
Ripped my heart out of its seam.

What am I left to do now
Nothing much but watch as you try
To put the pieces back together between us
Now I’m the one that will watch you cry.

I see that what you have is not working out
I’m genuinely sorry that your love is coming undone
But you see, I’ve found someone else that’s won over my heart
He is special, caring, and lovely, and the one.

So while you are lying there by yourself
Trying to figure out how to fix everything
I wanted you to know that I will be here
Living my own life, so new and exciting.

Without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment